Indus University provides a very enriching and rewarding experience to all students. Routine of students includes an optimal mix of work, play and leisure. Curriculum and pedagogy have been designed in a way to make the teaching-learning process both interesting and challenging. Project based learning, problem based learning, choice of elective subjects of one’s interest, make the students really interested and involved. In addition, activities like Induction Programme, Mentor-Mentee system and strong bonding between the students and faculty make the students always eager and motivated to learn. Year-round organization of technical, sports and cultural activities at departmental level, intra-institutional and inter-institutional level, keep the students creatively engaged. Annual calendar of activities, planning and organizing the activities by the student bodies and the reward system through healthy competitions contribute to vibrant life on campus.
Student Discipline Rules and Regulations
Keeping in view the all-round development of students, various clubs have been formed. Students pursuing their programs in different disciplines of the Constituent Institutions, actively organize and participate in various activities of these clubs and societies.
Dance & Dramatics Club started by students. Its objective is to demonstrate and understand the nature of basic voice production, modulation, and delivery. Examine the nature of trust and responsibility in the context of Drama as a social art form. And its aim to develop the depth of concentration necessary for inventive role-play activities.
This Music Club is focusing on providing a platform to talented students at the campus and create awareness on different genres of music. Music has the undoubted power to soothe emotional disturbances and to restore the mind in tranquility.
Lights, CAMERA and actions! The Club’s main aim is to capture the main essence of student life and activities across the campus at Indus University through the camera lens.
This club mainly focuses on bringing the importance of our traditional values in the minds of today’s youth by celebrating all important festivals including traditional festivals.
Rotary’s main objective is leadership, development & service – in the community, in the workplace, and around the globe. The mission of Rotary International is to provide service to others, promote integrity, and advance world understanding, goodwill, and peace through its fellowship of business, professional, and community leaders.
We are a club of restaurant lovers, cooking aficionados, and eating enthusiasts. The I-Spicy Masterchef is dedicated to enabling Indus University students to make the most of their Amdavadi food experience! We are all about enjoying the fine dining of both the professionally-prepared and home-made varieties. Whether or not you’re the one doing the cooking, the I-Spicy Masterchef will make sure you are well fed.
Comedy is classified as both a genre of theater and of writing. Standup is a way of performing comedy in theater, which therefore makes it art in the way performance art is art. In writing, the arrangement of the words prioritizes emotional effect over factual communication of meaning which makes it more of an art than a science.
Toastmasters International is a non-profit educational organization, which enhances communication, public speaking and leadership skills through a worldwide network of clubs. It has more than 3,52,000 members across 16,400 clubs located in over 141 countries. Started in 1924, Toastmasters International has helped people of all backgrounds to become more confident in front of an audience. IU Toastmasters carry forward the international organization at Indus University.
This Club aims at empowering the Women. This Club organises various programmes in order to promote the aspect of women’s development and empowerment. It also organises awareness programs in different areas at regular intervals to help reducing crimes against women and make India a better place for Women
This Club is one of the blooming clubs of Indus University. It has been initiated with an objective of inspiring our students to join the Dynamic Indian Armed Forces. It serves as a great platform for the defense aspirants to train themselves. The main objective of the club is to help those defense aspirants
Yoga sets harmony between mind, body and soul. This Club provides students with regular yoga sessions led by Yoga Instructors. The Club offers an opportunity to unwind from the stress of other campus activities and explore the various physical and mental aspects of yoga.
This Club provides opportunities for all students to take part in indoor games like Carom, Table Tennis, Chess, and outdoor games like Cricket, Hockey Basketball, Volley Ball, Kabaddi, Tennis, etc. The University teams take part in inter collegiate competitions, state level, national and international competitions
This Club provides a platform that fosters the passion of reading; a safe environment that encourages the free flow of thoughts, opinions, and criticisms through healthy debates and discussions. Our goal to create a traditional book club for all the ardent readers of Indus University, where they can gather and express their feelings about books that they’ve read and share their individual reading experiences. Such a book club has not existed previously at Indus University, but many have expressed the need for one.
The Club aims at bringing the awareness of “Global Warming” and its serious consequences to the only hopeful habitable planet in the universe i.e., Mother Earth. This Club also aims to raise environmental issues through community outreach by introducing a variety of environmental topics through hands on activities & expert sessions., It would teach students about different sustainability models to ensure we protect the nature and gift the upcoming generation with a stable ecosystem. with the promotion of law of humanity “To live and Let Live”
Our world is smaller, agile, yet faces threats that emerge greater than ever. Things are inextricably linked together in this new age of technology. Now is the time, and the need for students to understand this correlation and speculate on current as well as future trends to stay on top of changes and challenges. With the aim of fulfilling that need, this year we are proud to announce a new club in the Indus University family named after the famous ‘Panoramic wandering minds’ of Secretariat building that houses discussions like:-
Ministry of Defense
Ministry of External Affairs
Indian Foreign Secretary and Cabinet Secretary
The Student Research Club is responsible for engaging undergraduate students into the world of research. Concepts of how to make research on a certain topic and how the right steps are to achieve results are delivered through the activities the Club offers throughout the year. All research activities are supervised by qualified faculty members according to major.
• To raise awareness on key aspects of the research process
• To motivate students to engage in research activities
• To develop students’ critical thinking skills
• To provide assistance to students in their course-based research
• To build student-faculty interaction within a research context
• To enhance interaction between PSU and the community/ industry
• Offering training sessions to students (by faculty members and guest speakers from the Community)
• Arranging sessions for faculty members and students to share their research experience
• Providing assistance to students in their course-based research
• Supervising non-specialized and specialized research projects by students
• Launching and promoting students research competitions
This Cosmic Club focuses on various activities that connect us with our Universe. The club organizes events related to astronomy and astrophysics. The Club will make sure to introduce the reality behind them. This club helps Enthusiasts to learn more about astronomy and would let them EXPLORE THE UNEXPLORED!!
This Club encourages students to stimulate their technical ideas into innovative development activities in Engineering and Science in the path of creation and innovation and to find a solution in an optimistic way with the support of experts from various organizations
The Club’s primary objective is to assist Programming as an initiative to empower logical skills as well as to object-oriented skills. To provide a platform for Computer Science and related branches of engineering for their extra-curricular interests and orient them to the industry through guest lectures and seminars. To support and encourage the common interest of the members in amateur programming and coding.
This Club endeavors to provide a platform for learning about hardware, electronics, fabrication and programming for robotics and its application in the a cross sections of sectors. It helps to expose students to latest in automation – Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Data Analytics (DA) and so on. The club also trains how to make use of those developments with our lives and to tackle them against abuses.
The Motorsports Club is a group of inter-disciplinary budding Engineering students with a passion and obsession in life. The Group participates in the world’s largest inter-collegiate Engineering Competition Event conducted by FSAE (Formula Society of Automotive Engineers) every year. IU Motorsports Club’s vision is to serve as a breeding ground for India’s finest engineers & innovators who shall lead the advancement in the field of automobiles.
This Club at Indus University aims to bring together all students who share an interest and passion for finance, investments, share, and entrepreneurship their knowledge and insights with each other. It aims at enabling them to discover recent trends and development in the field while allowing each individual to grow personally. We aim to provide the students with hands-on experience by organizing developmental opportunities through guest speakers, panel discussions, mock stock market simulation and many more such events in the field of finance.
• Use only courteous and polite language and behave with decorum with the faculty, staff, students and guests of the University.
• Shall be regular and punctual in attending classes and all activities connected with the University.
• Read notices/circulars displayed on the University Notice Board/Web site/Emails
• Ignorance of not reading any notice/circular thus displayed shall not be accepted as an excuse for failing to comply with the directions contained in it.
• All vehicles should be parked in the allotted place.
• While attending University functions, students/scholars will conduct themselves in such a way as to bring credit to themselves and to the institution.
• The students are expected to take up all assignments, tests and examinations of this University seriously and try to perform the best.
• Each student of this University must always possess Student Identity Card with his/her photograph affixed on it and attested by the Registrar.
• Use the resources of the University namely library, computers, equipment, transport, medical, communications, power, etc., judiciously and effectively.
• Any genuine complaints file them to the concerned authority without fear.
• All shall desist from indulging in violence.
• Shall not talk or act in any manner in a way that would bring disrepute to the University.
• Gathering in groups at roads, entrance, exit and pathways is strictly prohibited.
• Should not leave the class or attend it late under the pretext of paying fees, visiting the library etc.
• Smoking, consumption of any kind of alcoholic drinks/drugs inside the University is strictly prohibited.
• Damaging the building or any other property of the University in any way is strictly prohibited.
• Indulging in Ragging and Eve Teasing are crimes and strictly prohibited by an act promulgated by the Govt. of Gujarat with the penalty of Rs.10,000/- and two years imprisonment.
• If any student indulges in any form of ragging or Eve-Teasing inside the University premises or outside, he/she will be summarily expelled from the University.
• Misconduct during examination, production of false information or documents for admission purpose and the failure to return materials taken on loan from the University would be seriously dealt with.
• Use of mobile phones/other electronic gadgets such as i-pod, i-phone within the classrooms, laboratories, seminar halls and auditoriums is strictly banned. Violation of this rule by any student would result in impounding of these devices and strict disciplinary action.
• Students should not involve themselves either directly or indirectly in any form of politics either inside or outside the University during their period of study .